Assigning the static IP address
- Obtain the current IP address of the printer. Hold the ‘FEED’ button while power on the printer for 3-5 seconds. A test-print should print. Locate the IP address under the ‘Current IP Parameters Status’ section on the print out.
- Connect to the printer using the correct interface: telnet for the TSP100, web browser for the SP700. For the web browser option you simply go to your browser and type in the IP address obtained above.
- Login using the username and password. By default these are:
- Username: root
- Password: public
- Edit the IP address to a desired address outside of the DHCP scope of your router. Enter the subnet mask and gateway given in the test-print from step 1 above.
- Save the setting and reboot the printer.