Suggested Tips are displayed on the receipts, generally at the bottom. Tip suggestion makes it easy for your guests to select any of the suggested tip amounts and pay for the services of the waitstaff. Quantic allows you to configure the suggested tip amounts from the backend portal. You can set as many Suggested Tip amounts to display on your receipts. Here’s how you can do it.
Enabling the Suggested Tips on Receipt
The suggested tips can be displayed on the receipts by following the steps given below.
- Log in to the backend portal.
- Go to the Configurations.
- Tap the search box on top, enter “Show Suggested Tip On Receipt” and select the option underneath as shown in the screenshot.
- Turn on the toggle switch next to “Show Suggested Tip On Receipt” to enable this setting.
- Similarly, search for the “Show Suggested Tip On Initial Receipt” configuration and turn on the toggle switch next to this configuration. Check the screenshot.
Customizing the Suggested Tips for Each Service Area
Now as the Suggested Tip is a service area based setting, so you will have to configure it separately for each service area. So, if you want the suggested tips to be shown on the Main Dining service area receipts, you will have to visit the Main Dining service area in the backend portal and set up the suggested tips from there. Below are the steps.
- Go to the Configurations.
- Under Setup, click the Service Area.
- Click Edit and tap the icon next to the service area where you want to set the suggested tips.
- Tap the field underneath the Suggested Tip List and enter the tip percentage separated by a comma(,). In this illustration, we have set up three suggested tip percentages- 1, 5, and 10.
- Click Save to save the changes. Now onwards your receipts will contain a section that displays your suggested tip % with the tip amount.
Selecting Tips from the Suggested Tips
- After paying for the order, a receipt will be generated with suggested tips mentioned on it. The guest can select from the suggested tips displayed on the order receipts.
- Tip amount is mentioned on the receipt based on the percentage set at the backend. So, if you have set 1%, 5%, and 10% as the suggested tip percentage in the backend portal, the suggested tip amount will be calculated accordingly and the same amount will reflect on the receipts as well.
- Now the guest will select the tip from the receipt, sign the receipt (authorizing the restaurant to deduct the chosen tip amount) and the same amount will be deducted by the server from the saved card. Please save the order number, you will require it while adding tips in the POS.
Applying Tip Amount on the POS
Once the tip amount is deducted, the same has to be applied to the POS for that order.
- Log in to the location’s Quantic POS app.
- Go to the left navigation menu and select Tips.
- Locate the order number for which you have received the tip. Click Add Tip next to that order.
- Enter the tip amount received in the field.
- Once done, click Apply and the tip amount will be saved for this order.